Sunday 1 March 2015

AO2- Photoshop task (lasso tool/layering/shape)



AO2- Photoshop Tasks

During this editing workshop I used Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 software while using JPEG images to edit throughout. 


How to use the lasso tool as well as layering and shape within Photoshop:


For this I decided to use the lasso tool to get this sitting cat to sit on a street sign. 


First off I had to select the lasso tool, for this particular image I found it easiest to use the magnetic lasso tool. After highlighting the whole cat, which took some add and removing areas until acceptable, I then copied the cat.  
 After copying the separate cat image, I then opened the street sign image I wanted the cat to be in and pasted the cat onto the image. To do this I used Ctrl C to copy and Ctrl V to paste the cat. 
After pasting the cat into this image I had to ensure it was sat in the middle of the street sign, I also made sure that it was on the sign properly. 

When I originally pasted the cat into the image is was way too large to use, so after selecting the cat using Ctrl T, I then linked the sides of the image and re-scaled it until it was a more suitable size for the image I was creating.

After editing the new layer with the cat onto the image with the street sign, this is the final image I achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment