Monday 9 March 2015

AO3- Task 4- The Photoshop Editing Process (Image 1)



Screenshots of photo editing process in Photoshop for Image 1


The Original Image

The editing process:

To create the effect I wanted on this image I decided to add different layers that change the images colours or brightness.

I started by editing the brightness and contrast of the image, I decided that to create a dark eerie outcome that I would have to make it a bit darker and make the contrast stronger and therefore more noticeable. 

Following this I then changed the hue and saturation of the image on another layer, I did this so that the image would loose the bright colours and become more eerie looking.

After changing the hue and saturation I again changed the brightness/contrast a little bit more to create the effect I wanted, and also because I found the pathway and trees to be a little too bright.

I selected to changed the specific colours as I didn't want the pathway so bright or the greens to be so vibrant, so to do this I added the layer onto the image and choose the green colour and then manipulated this magenta/cyan/yellow/black until the image finally looked and had the atmospheric outcome I intended.


Dark Version





For this bright version I again started with the brightness/contrast and made the image a lot brighter and the contrast stronger. 

Following this I then changed the hue and saturation until the colours were brighter, more vivid and there were more colours noticeable in the image.

I also decided to change the vibrancy and I wanted to create an image that was noticeably bright and made nature look almost unreal. So I changed the vibrancy setting to make the colours more vivid.

I selected to changed the specific colours as I didn't want the pathway so light or the greens to be so dull, so to do this I added the layer onto the image and choose the green colour and then manipulated this magenta/cyan/yellow/black until the image finally looked and had the bright vivid atmospheric outcome I intended.



Bright Version

This is how my finished two edited images came out:


No comments:

Post a Comment